Thursday, August 1, 2013

Wouldn't It Be Nice

As I was cleaning up today, I found a Jo-Ann's coupon for 50% off yarn. Something inside me squealed with joy at the thought of all the possibilities of things I could start while on vacation at the lake next week. I set it aside, thinking I would decide later.

Unfortunately, when I woke up this morning, all I could think was "you can't start a new project! You've barely started the last one!" "But, but, but... it's big... and scary..." I sputtered at myself. "Well, maybe just a small one, a Christmas gift?" But I knew I was right. Back in December I began a somewhat complex tree skirt which was to be either a wedding gift or a shower gift for my sister and her husband. In May, at her shower, I gave her a small gift with a note explaining her real gift was the tree skirt which was not finished. I told myself I would at the least get it done so she could use it for their first Christmas together.

I started it with the best intentions, but the pattern was a little confusing and I couldn't work on it in front of her - and then I got cast as the title character in a show, then I was cast in another show, and another, and another pretty much back to back. I'm not complaining, this past 8 months I have been an incredibly lucky actor - but every time I look at the tote bag in the back of my car with all that yarn... I just can't bring myself to take it up again.

So, tempting as it is, staring longingly at all the pretty yarn on that coupon, it seems my work is already laid out for me. I just need to get crackin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment