Friday, August 30, 2013

Extreme Ways

I know that when you are working out and you don't eat you shut down your metabolism. I know that's bad, but despite (because of?) the huge increase in activity I just don't want to eat anything and I'm not sure what to do about that. This morning I've been staring and picking at a container of yogurt with no desire to eat it. Now it's time to shower and I have to throw it away.

On an unrelated note, my quest to figure out my blood type has stalled out. Apparently the reason the Red Cross didn't put my type on my donor card was that if there isn't enough blood to use, they don't test it - they just toss it. So I went through a decade of emotionally building myself up to be able to donate without passing out (although just barely) and they didn't even use my blood. This is not an encouragement to donate again considering my intense fear of needles.

I'm just going to admit that I'm going to allow my doctor to do the blood work she wants when I go in a couple weeks and ask her to also run the type test. THEN it will be over. I will know and I will stop feeling like a mad woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment